Pages

11.2.11

The Steeping Room


I have to say that I could never write about another tea shop and be unbiased. I am taking a concerted effort to be my own Valentine and love myself this week. It's (my self-titled) sexy week so I took myself on a Zara shopping spree and lunch at the Steeping Room- a small tea shop in the Domain. What better way than treating yourself to a relaxing pot of tea? I do not drink enough tea these days than when I did working at Alice's Tea Cup so this was completely refreshing- including the For Life teapots.

I had the roast beef sandwich with chili-lime tomato. A pretty standard sandwich as I've enjoyed their salmon and roast beef tea sandwiches more before. Okay so I'm also a little skeptical of their lapsang souchong chicken salad. Pros are the addictive caesar salad and the star was my mandarin white tea. I've been craving white tea for weeks and I left pretty satisfied.

I will forever compare tea shops to Alice's Tea Cup so all I can do is celebrate the places who celebrate tea. Sexy tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment