Pages

14.3.11

Sundays.

I feel like I've long been making excuses for not writing in my blog for a little while here. I feel like there's so many posts left unwritten as I've dined for my first times at Justine's, Vino Vino, Perla's, Eastside Kings, and conquered my first attempt at risotto and succeeded. All posts seemed unfinished without pictures for some reason as I did not have a camera I saw fit. I know this is an awful excuse but with my new acquisition of an iphone- I will be taking better care to post my food milestones more often. Or even more everyday kind of things. Or Sunday kinds of things..

As the Lenten holiday is upon us, I generally don't give anything up. I spend every other week trying to give up vices of mine but I do believe in lazy Sundays especially the Sunday when I indulge in whatever it is I feel like at the moment. My first Sunday of Lent consisted of sleeping in, getting coffee at 4pm, episodes of No Reservations and West Wing, Skype chats with the 'rents, browsing bookstores, spending an hour or two with crossword puzzles and not to mention all of this:

salami and prosciutto sandwich with tomato soup

pasta and pinot


an 11pm trip to amy's for mocha ice cream


Pasta with Chicken, Gorgonzola, Pine Nuts, and Sundried Tomato from epicurious.com
  • 1/ 2 cup chopped drained oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes (2 tablespoons oil reserved)
  • 2 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 9 ounces total)
  • 1 pound gnocchi pasta or medium shell pasta
  • 4 garlic cloves, minced
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/2 cup canned low-salt chicken broth
  • 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese (about 2 ounces)
  • 1/4 cup chopped prosciutto
  • 1/4 cup pine nuts, toasted
Heat 1 tablespoon oil reserved from tomatoes in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. 
Add chicken to skillet and sauté until cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. 
Transfer chicken to plate and cool; do not clean skillet. Cut chicken into 1/2-inch pieces.
Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. 
Drain pasta; transfer to large bowl.
Meanwhile, heat remaining 1 tablespoon tomato oil in same skillet over medium-high heat. 
Add garlic; sauté until tender, about 1 minute. 
Add sun-dried tomatoes, chicken, basil, broth, cheese and prosciutto to skillet and bring to boil.
Add sauce to pasta and toss to coat. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Top with pine nuts and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment