Pages

8.3.12

Simply done

I’ll admit it. I've been slacking on the blogger front but not slacking from drinking and eating my way around Austin for the past month and a half thanks to New Job. Because of this, I’m getting to know my taste buds on an extremely personal level. I’ve come of age and feel like I can finally start to differentiate the dishes and drinks that impress me, the ones I can appreciate, and the ones that make me more comfortable in the art of criticism.

I’m a purist. I’ve come to realize that more than anything I appreciate a singularly fantastic ingredient- something from the ground turned into something fabulous because it was made well with care. Then, I can appreciate a person who can take that ingredient and complement it with simple but other singularly fantastic ingredents. I like one dish or drink composed with a fair few flavors that all enhance and not overpower one another. I've lately been overenthusiastic about the art of simple balance. Here have been some of my favorite examples:


Goat @ Taco More

Chicken @ Taco More

Salt & Pepper Flounder @ T&S
Chocolate Cream Pie @ Sugar Mama's
Margarita by Bobby Heugel- tequila, lime, combier, agave for TIP @ The Tigress


1 comment:

  1. Great blog!
    My name is Dustin, and I work for a brand new site devoted to all things wine: theblackdoor.com
    I'm trying to build a social network in the Austin area so I was wondering if you had an email address that I could contact you at? Please feel free to contact me at: theblackdoor.email@gmail.com
    Thanks so much!
    keep up the good work!
    -Dustin

    ReplyDelete