Pages

18.5.11

Day 13: Sighs

Today was a little bit of a breakthrough day. I feel a lot of relief, fear, excitement, and anxiety. It is kind of amazing that after a long time I've been waiting for something to shove itself into my face and say hey do this, it's happening. I spoke a lot about the Texas Baker's Bill and for any of you following, the Texas legislative session ends on May 30th. One of the bills, HB2084 made it onto the Local & Consent calendar to be voted on but still has not been put on any calendars. There is an inkling of hope but it's time as a business to be pressing on to find other ways to make something work.

Which leads me to today where I met with a commercial kitchen willing to take on Jackie and me for a very affordable price. This is very good news and I am stoked about it but it's real. Today shook me out of my funk and made me realize that all of the sudden I have a small business to start, a bar's worth of knowledge to learn, and a blog to write. Since I've been in Texas and decided to get involved in food, I've dreamed of reasons to be running from one meeting to the next or one appointment to the next shift and now I'm finding that I need to fight the sleep and spend some late nights up no matter how badly I want to close my eyes. The reality of possible failure and the risk of starting a business has also started to set in but it's too early to be there either. I felt a nice and swift kick in the head today looking forward to a lot of work in the near future but I think more than anything, I'm excited to put my nose to the grindstone.

There's a lot of sighing in all different kinds of expressions- relief yet worry with a little bit of a smile. So here it is- the transcript for the journey I'm about to embark on.

No comments:

Post a Comment