Pages

20.5.11

Day 15: Impatience..

How do you deal with impatience? I have a dear, dear friend from college coming into visit this weekend and I'm currently trying to occupy my time while I wait to pick her up from the airport from a very late arrival. Yes- her flight comes in at 1:47 am. I am beyond excited as this girl, Kris and I have been across the world and back together, lived in New York and Brooklyn together, and now after two years, we'll be seeing each other in whatever new lives we're living- mine here in Austin and hers in Portland. (She opened a school bus-restaurant, more on that later. She's a rockstar.)

So I have all night and day just waiting until I get to leave to the airport and what better way to do that than treat myself to breakfast for dinner. As I've stated before how much I like pairings, this to go with the season finales of The Office and Parks and Rec. I have to say my cooking is out of practice and I did a horrible job of multi-task flipping but everything tasted pretty fantastic.



Two over-easy eggs and this recipe:


  • 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 1 tablespoon white sugar
  • 1 1/4 cups milk
  • 1 egg
  • 3 tablespoons butter, melted

Directions

  1. In a large bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Make a well in the center and pour in the milk, egg and melted butter; mix until smooth.
  2. Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium high heat. Pour or scoop the batter onto the griddle, using approximately 1/4 cup for each pancake. Brown on both sides and serve hot.


courtesy of allrecipes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment